Saturday, September 10, 2011

weekend update

Labor Day kicked off the week with brunch up at the Homestead with my parents.  Later that day, TT and I went on a long walk with Crew, watched a movie or two, and played games.  Tuesday night after work I met my mom and sister at Cafe Molise before we saw the Broadway production of Mary Poppins. 
The food is Italian, and the restaurant is right in the heart of downtown Salt Lake.  We weren't completely sure how felt about our meal, but wouldn't mind trying it again.  Seeing Mary Poppins reminded me of how much I really love the classic Disney movies, and songs!
Thursday night we had a shower for miss Randi in my parents backyard.  I get to work with these beautiful ladies!  On the menu was broccoli quiche, strawberry pistachio salad, almond poppy seed muffins,  a sherbet shine drink, and lots of jordan almonds.  It was delicious.  
Oh yes.  When I got up to Midway last weekend, my mom and Grandma promised me they wouldn't have dessert with out.  I ended up taking longer than expected, and didn't make it up there until around 10pm.  They stayed true to their word, and we jumped in my car to go for shakes and sherbet cones at Dairy Keen.  It was so enjoyable going on a late night eat in with these two!  We originally sought out some fresh pie, but the majority of Heber was already closed, so we settled for banana cream pie shakes instead!
It's been a great week!  And this next week, is rivalry week.  I plan on making it a good one at our place!

No comments: