Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Over the Shoulder

My purple thoughts: I'm not a usually drawn to purple or to shirts like this, but I didn't pick it out!  It was a gift, and I LOVE it!  It's another top by Nikita, loving my pieces from that brand.  It was just what I needed to wear today too.  It was a long day of school, work, and tests, so as always it was nice to be comfortable.  I want more tops like this! I would love this same top in black.  Do you have any suggestions on another way I could wear this top? Perhaps to dress it up a bit?
A lovely wide, and comfortable scarf by DownEast. 
What I'm wearing:
T: Shade
Top: Nikita, gifted :)
Jeans: Seven for all Mankind, Roxanne Skinnies

Confession: last week I went mall walking with my mom and last night I went to water aerobics at my gym and....LOVED IT.  It kicked my butt.  It actually kicked my arms.  Its fun because I TT's mom goes pretty frequently and so does my friend from work.  It's basically a party in the water.  Anybody else do it?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have once. and i didn't like it! i probably didn't get into it enough... you've inspired me to try again!

and i work at gap. people who mall walk are so awesome.

Alex said...

I love aqua aerobics, so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Love the top! Such a nice colour, it really suits you! You could try wearing it with leggings, or dressing it up with a pair of heels? xx

La Loca said...

Cute top!!! I agree with Kate--try leggings, or maybe a mini.

My mother is hooked on water aerobics.

Keeley said...

I just started water aerobics and I love it. I always thought it was for senior citizens (plus I didn't know how to swim, I'm just learning), but once I got comfortable in the pool, I loved it! It feels like a game more than a workout.

Sabrina said...

This color looks amazing on you!

I am with Kate and Alex, leggings or a mini with heels would look so great!

Law Girl said...

I think I'd dress it up with leggings and high heeled boots. You could also let it hang off one shoulder (with a camisole or tank top underneath if you wanted more coverage).

Elaine said...

I love this! It looks super comfy! To dress it up... I'd wear it with a bandage skirt - I don't have one though and the only ones I've seen are mini - boo :(

Secondhand Stella said...

Hmmmm, maybe wear it w/ a tank top, leggings, and some longer neclaces?

I would love to try water aerobics! I need to join a gym with a pool.

Turley's said...

Best night i ever had a water aerobics because of the company. You were kickin it up.

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Love that TT snuck in the picture. It's a true reflection of you keeping it real, love your fashion statement as well, Thanks for stopping by the swing.