Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sneakers!

I love sneakers.  All types of sneakers.  And the best thing about a casual Friday night?  I can wear my grungiest of sneaks and it's acceptable.  This isn't what I wore to work today, but is definitely what I wore on our Friday night around town.  Perfect for running all of our little errands, and ending the night at a newish frozen yogurt joint where we stayed until they closed and asked us to leave.  Good times.
What I'm wearing:
Shirt: striped and one of my all time favorites, Anthropologie
Shoes: sneaks!

Also, met up with Elaine after work for a bit.  Did some wonderful window shopping/ mostly talking about something we're getting SUPER excited about.  And, she brought this special sewing project to my attention, which I'll be working on later this afternoon.  Thanks for the heads up Elaine!  You should check out her latest giveaway too.  Going fabric shopping with my mom this afternoon.  This beautiful babe turns one in like a week.  I need to get her a present, and want it to be her favorite present, so I'm the cool aunt.  Ya know?  Any suggestions on what to get a one year old? Thanks for reading!

18 comments:

Ann Barlow said...

Such a cute outfit!! I love that striped shirt!

Latoya said...

I'm the exact opposite! I rarely wear sneakers! I'm not even sure why. When I do wear sneakers, they are normally Coach since they look more dressy. For dance class (hip-hop), I love my bright silver and red nikes. The hottest dance sneakers are always bright.

For a one-year old, I would get a fun baby learning toy. It will help with their development, plus it's fun. For example, those sing-a-long toys or the ones to match shapes.

jenna...* said...

I suggest....change up your hair. It's the same EvErYdAy. ;)

Alex said...

Lovely casual outfit today :)

I know zilch about children so my suggestion is probably rubbish but could you perhaps get a really nice book, one that they'll be able to grow up with and enjoy for a longer time than a temporary toy?

daisychain said...

I totally need more sneakers in my life.

liz said...

I recently added some Vans to my sneaker repertoire. You can't go wrong with Converse though!

Cher said...

Love every thing about this and your hair is adorable!!!!

Adam said...

You've obviously spent a lot of time on your blog :) It's very well done.

Mandy J is kind of a downer huh. I bet she couldn't button her Lane Bryant pants this morning.

Anyway, as far as Evie goes I would be happy to do a combined effort with you. Let me know.

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

i love my chucks but i don't wear it as often as i like cuz i feel too fat in it...hehehe.

gifts for a 1 year old? hmmm, i usually give toys..like a learning toy...

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

Britt said...

Lots of lurve to my beautiful sis and evie's bff!

You're gorge.

And evc likes envelopes full of cash. :-) seriously.

LyddieGal said...

Very cute causal outfit -- converse sneakers are the only kind i own!

For a gift... the only thing I still have from when I was a baby is a blanket that was made for me. I had it by my side every night all throughout my childhood and literally loved it to pieces. Now the pieces are in a drawer, and I'd never get rid of them.

Anonymous said...

Women who wear sneakers well, like you, exhibit a confidence that men find attractive.

Feny said...

You look great in this pict!
Love you're style :)

Keeley said...

I bought this Leapfrog Counting Candles Birthday Cake http://www.leapfrog.com/en/infant_and_toddler/birthday_cake.html for my friend Jen's baby's first birthday. The baby enjoyed it, plus it's birthday themed and educational!

I love the look of Converse, but they're so uncomfortable (flat) that I don't care to wear them. I love funky, colorful, casual sneakers, but I admit that I pretty much only wear sneakers to the gym. When I do, it's for utility, so it's always New Balance.

http://delkeelife.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

I love sneakers too! In fact, I just bought myself a gorgeous coral pink pair. So perfect!

Elaine said...

I still think you should've taken a pic earlier in the day with me ;)

and I can't wait for our idea to get into action!!!!!!

And chase is coming home in two hours. SO excited.

The Fierce Berry said...

hihihi, love the outfit with the sneakers!!

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

i am obsessed with cons they totally are the best go to sneaks!!