Sunday, February 7, 2010

Inspired Much by clothedmuch

Last November, my eyes were opened by this new world (to me) of fashion bloggers, and I got excited!!  I've always loved fashion, shopping, and trends, but all these fashion bloggers instantly started to inspire me simply by sharing their daily wear. One day I found this one particular blog: clothedmuch.

I instantly fell in love.  Why?  Elaine puts together fabulous outfits, and they're affordable!!  She always seems to have created something new out of pieces she already has.  I'm convinced it's a gift. I was so excited when I learned she lived in downtown Salt Lake, about 15 minutes away from me.  I had to meet her.  Since then, we've become friends, and I've seen her closet. To be truthful, it's probably 1/5th the size of mine(this isn't bragging, it's me being jealous), yet she seems to have a gazillion more outfits than me.  How is this possible? She's creative.  For most of you who already know her, here's a small glimpse into clothedmuch.





 Q: Do you plan your outfits the night before, or are you constantly thinking of how to piece what you already own together? 

 A:I do both of those! Sometimes I plan ahead and sometimes I know I want to wear a few specific pieces and work my way from there, or I just wear whatever I feel like that morning! I am not a morning person so I usually do it the night before...as in I stare at my closet for an hour or so! Sometimes it gets disheartening but it's always nice to know I created something new and a little better than before.

Q:Do you cook? If yes, what's your never fail recipe?

A: I try to cook.. I can't say I'm great at it but it's coming! We try to cook every night although it is difficult when my husband and I are gone all day and are tired by the time we come home. We have a few recipes that we fall back on when things get tough: Peanut noodles with veggies, chicken coconut curry, crepes, biscuits with gravy, pancakes...any breakfast foods really!

Q:Where do YOU find inspiration for your own wardrobe?

A: Definitely fashion blogs and street style!!
Q:Your idea of a perfect day?

A:Eating good food, watching movies, playing games.... with both my husband's and my family because they all live so far away.

Q:Your favorite book?

A: A childhood favorite of mine.. Ella Enchanted. I can't remember how many times I've read it!

Q: One thing you're looking forward to?
A: GRADUATING! and starting a family....one day.

What else inspires me about Elaine?  She's genuine, a friend, and she embraces who she is.  Thanks Elaine! To see more of our first meet up, look here.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww lovely interview (I love Clothed Much!). And Ella Enchanted is one of my favorite reads, too. :)

Elaine said...

Thanks MeG!!!!!! We need to finalize plans for this weekend...

Raquelita said...

Lovely interview! I adore Elaine!

Madeline Veenstra said...

Great interview :)

Anonymous said...

Love learning more about Elaine! I love her blog, and it's how I found yours, and now I love yours too! Thanks for posting this interview. =)

-Megan

fadetoblack said...

great interview!

Kayla said...

SHE IS SO CUTE.

Thanks for sharing!

Kayla

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

wow, great interview!

i'm back by the way...amazing 3 days..:D and it seems like you had lots of fun on your weekend too! i'd love to experience snow..just for a day..cuz i love our sunny weather too much..hehe.

gizellefaye.blogspot.com

Vera Liane Rea said...

you look adorable :) lovely you. love the white skirt and the tights. are those boots? love them! :)

thanks for sharing, clothed much. shall visit her blog. :)

Ebony Arwen said...

Elaine is amazing. She was next on my list to interview - but you've done it for me. Great job! :)

Cher said...

Meg what a fun thing to do one the blog. Are you going to interview others? I love the cabin pictures tooo!!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww I love Elaine! This was such a great interview!! :)

Oh and I just wanted to tell you that you are so cute... thank you for one of the sweetest comments I have ever gotten on my blog. I love your blog and so glad I was able to come over and check it out. I will be back many times again. Talk soon.

xoxo
Amy

http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Morgan said...

i love love elaine! i wish i could be her! the interview was great!

Britt said...

She is so cute and it was fun to meet her.

LyddieGal said...

That's so cool you were able to become friends with someone you met through blogging. Lovely interview!

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Great post on Elaine. She truly is an inspiration. I love her blog too!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Kjrsten said...

she's adorable! I always love seeing her daily outfits! She's how i found you!

Cindee said...

Awww. I adore both you girls. Probably because you are both so stinkin' nice! Here's to new friends and old.